Friday, February 13, 2009

Jesus in the Tabernacle



What a wonderful mystery! Our Lord Jesus Christ present with us in the Tabernacle of every Catholic Church. I have come to love spending time with our Lord before the Tabernacle. Sometimes, I get the feeling that we feel that we have to spend hours in front of the Blessed Sacrament to fulfill some type of obligation. My knee bends in awesome wonder each time I open the Tabernacle to retrieve the Blessed Sacrament to take to the homebound. If you ever wonder to yourself about how you feel when you have received communion, I encourage you to spend a few minutes with Jesus in front of His tabernacle. He calls us to be with Him. A loving challenge: After Mass this next week, go to the Blessed Sacrament chapel to spend even a minute or two in Christ's presence. Let Him speak to you. Not sure what to say to Him. How about telling Him that you love Him and ask for His grace to take the food of communion into your daily life? Struggling with prayer? My experience is that when I have approached the Tabernacle, Christ speaks to me and my thoughts (prayer) rests with Him. Peace to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment