Friday, February 13, 2009

Picture of Jesus - Knocking at the Door




Have you seen the picture which hangs in so many homes of Jesus knocking at the door to a home? If you look closely, you will see that the door has no knob on the outside for Jesus to open. It reminds me that, although Jesus is all-loving and all-merciful, he does not force himself into our lives. We all have to make the decision to allow him in through the door of our hearts since there is no "knob" on the outside. How often do I keep the door shut? I look through a window in the door and desire the love that only Jesus offers, but, for some reason, I keep him outside. Lord, thank you for giving me the choice, but I ask you to guide my heart to do your will and to never close the door to my heart. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Rev 3:20 is my favorite scripture: Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in to him and dine with him and he with me.

    Jean MacGregor,NCTMB
    www.christcenteredmassage.com

    ReplyDelete